View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #48
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
But i dont think he owes us anything. He doesnt. If he chooses to never release another album ever again, i and everyone else would be gutted, but he doesnt owe us another album.

nor does he owe us updates on projects or albums, or whats going on. He has no obligation, nor does any other artist have any obligation to the audience. I want album 3 as much as you all do, but if he never makes one, or if he doesnt comunicate with us about how the album is progressing thats his perogative
This.

I've always found it weird how there are so many fans of bands or musicians like Damien who think that they "deserve" a new album or at least being kept up to date about any progress on it. For me personally, his music has always been a gift that we should all be grateful for. Just as we should all respect his desire for privacy and his apparent lack of interest in PR and social media, even if we all long for another album. If he doesn't want (or doesn't care) to tell his fans what is going on in his personal or professional life, that's his choice. And it's a completely legitimate one.