View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #120
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIeskimo
ps- thats my favorite picture of lisa i've seen
Perhaps that's because it's actually a pic of Ani Di Franco in her avatar!
Don't worry, you weren't the first (or even this week) to not recognize that.

Seriously, people, Help me out, here: ever since first hearing that breathtaking extended "AB" cello ending in the live stuff this summer I've been literally praying that there'd be a proper, quiet studio version with it included. Now we almost have it!!! Doesn't anybody know a lil' mixing trick to take Mr. Rudesby McYappy's voice out? It's plainly on a different mic track so it would seem to be entirely do-able, no?

That would honestly make my year.

P.S. I do think it's very likely a piano version of "Rootless" (with the beloved swearing back in, naturally) will be on the b-side of the single but it couldn't possibly be the US single version as some here have speculated. Unless the version of "9" we've all heard thus far is that different from the album that will be released in the US this Tuesday which is highly unlikely. A single still has to be essentially the way it appears on the record itself. They do sometimes shorten/edit (obviously) for radio/MTV, but it can't be drastically different unless it's being promoted/sold by itself and labeled that way (remixes/demo/alternative etc.).