View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyatt3
I enjoyed it. I agree with the vocals, I won't say they weren't good, because that's not true, but I think that "I think you can do better" most adequately expresses what I think about them. If I may express one concern, the guitar, though played exquisitely I must say, was a bit too "tight" with regards to time for me. What I mean is that Damien often plays it with a very "loose" tempo, one that wanders to and fro if you will, and I think that really helps capture the song. It seems a bit odd to say that staying in time is in any way detracting, but hopefully you will understand what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong, though, I think you did a very fine job and you're very talented both at singing and playing.
Thanks very much, that's a good point about the timing. It did corss my my mind, and so I made sure I didn't record it to a click - but the trouble was I couldn't 'wander' as much as may have liked to because I knew that both the cello and bongos had to be recorded at a later date - they weren't all done at the same time. So had I kept changing tempo, my cellist and bongo player would, I imagine have found it pretty hard to record their parts later on.
But yeah, I certainly agree with your point, and thanks very much for taking the time to listen

x
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote