View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #18
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrroline View Post
It's just less spontaneous than a regular show. There are all kinds of expectations, probably people trying to direct him, maybe even asking for some kind of set list? Harsh lights for filming, a tight schedule,...

Also I think people sometimes just think he's in a bad mood, when he's just very focused and introverted.
Agreed. I think this was the case at last weeks Artists Den performance. While I can't accurately comment on his mood because I, unfortunately, do not really "know" him, I thought he was restrained and looked somewhat uncomfortable (compared with the his other recent NYC gigs). I feel like he likely would have preferred them film a concert rather than a "show." When asking for a light to be turned off, he even said something about wanting it to be more like a concert. Oh well, I guess he's come to accept these things as part of the process he's agreed to...like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to have been there and would probably be happy to hear him sing the alphabet, but for HIS sake, I wish he was a little more relaxed and chatted a bit. For me, that's part of the appeal: his playfulness/humor and the way he articulates his thoughts.
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote