Thread: Home Recording
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
fitzcarraldo66
Eskimo Baby

Default What I have

Hey I just upgraded my setup and I get a pretty good sound out of it.

Presonus Firebox - This is a great little mixer it give you enough inputs to track a guitar, mic, bass, and another vocal or instrument at one and you get pro sound

Presonus Tube Pre- A good little tube preamp got it to get a warmer sound and so I could track guitar and vocals at once becuase i had a different mixer and the phantom power interfered with both inputs

Sonar 6- a great program has really good plugins and gets you the highest quality for pc in my opinion because if you upgrade to windows xp pro x64 it gives you 64 bit quality

AKG Perception 200 Condenser Microphone- I love this mic i gives me the sound i want and it has a -10 db pad on it so its good for recording horn and pick up everything and has a really good equalibrium between highs and lows

Thats pretty much it i feel this is a really good setup for me but it might not be for you but all i can say is i get amazing sound replication out of this setup and it can easily pass for pro quality all together i spent a little under 1300 with a new pc so its fairly cheap compare to the 2000 i would have spend for a pro tools set up
fitzcarraldo66 is offline   Reply With Quote