Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #52
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

from yahoo.

Women are going 'loony for Rooney'

Click to enlarge photo
Move over David Beckham - wonderkid Wayne Rooney is the man most women secretly fancy, according to a new poll.

He may not have the heart-throb looks of Brad Pitt or Jude Law, but Rooney is the nation's number one closet fantasy date.

Women love his boy-next-door image and find the 18-year-old Everton and England striker "cute, loveable and huggable".

Now magazine questioned 1,000 women about their secret celebrity crushes.

Pint-sized pop star Prince came second in the survey.

One admirer said she loved him despite the fact he is "short, hairy and wears high-heeled shoes".

Fiery, foul-mouthed chef Gordon Ramsay was third, followed by singer Daniel Bedingfield and Pop Idol judge Simon Cowell.

Other unlikely heart-throbs in the top 20 included Justin Hawkins from The Darkness, Baywatch star David Hasselhoff, cross-dressing comic Eddie Izzard and funnyman Ricky Gervais.

The Prince of Wales made number 11 in the poll, with one woman explaining: "I love seeing his sexy knobbly knees in a kilt at Balmoral".

Even Jason Cowen, Big Brother's self-obsessed ginger bodybuilder, has some secret admirers, appearing on the list at number 12. One place behind him was US President George W Bush.