View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #243
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
Not all venues have deals with ticketmaster and not all venues are owned by big promoters... It's just a matter of doing things the easy way or the difficult way... Of course it's more difficult to find little promoters and then book deal-free venues and all, so a booking agency tends to go through big promoters and accepts to sell tickets through their channels. Plus, the bigger the venue, the more money you make... So I understand why they book big venus via big promoters that sell tix thourgh ticketmaster and the likes.
BUT I think it's just unfair to say that the management / booking agency can't do anything to stop the scalper thing. I think they just don't try enough...
Also keep in mind the bigger the venue, the more likely they are to have ties to ticketmaster or AXS or another big ticketing company. Damien needs to play in bigger venues to supply the demand. One of the reasons bigger artists stick with the likes of ticketmaster is that the system can handle that kind of traffic. If you went with a venue who had their own ticketing system, bigger artists' fans would crash the site in seconds, and then we'd be bitching about not being able to get tickets anyways.

There's also crazy amounts of politics. "I know you want to play this one particular venue and you can only play it if you also play in our other venue in this city along your tour stop." That kind of stuff.

There's no way Damien's management would put the resources into creating this online store ticketing system that could manage the traffic of ten 3k-7k venue onsales all at once if Damien only tours sporadically. When you're getting into venues that big, you need an established ticketing company who also has the resources for customer service. Damien's mgmt isn't gonna hire people to field customer service requests over the phone from buyers, you know? There are just so many parts of the puzzle.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote