View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #260
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d View Post
He isn't broke unless he squandered a lot of money. He could live comfortably on the O money for the rest of his life if he chose.

What I'm saying is that he has so blatantly and obviously compromised and agreed to do a bunch of press and interviews and crap that he doesn't want to do, because its worth the money to him. Again, as we discussed this summer, at any time he wants he could just record music and post it on his website for download. He chose, instead, to sign with Warner Records and sell that music in bundles along with t-shirts and tote bags and lithographs and promote it.

The only reason to compromise and do all these interviews and press appearances and stuff is $$$$$.

And there's nothing wrong with that and its not a criticism of him. I do a lot of stuff I don't enjoy so I can get paid. But the white knighthood on this website about how pure and unadulterated by the evil dollar Damien is... its just delusional.
anyone who thinks Money means nothing to Damien is delusional...of course it does. I will say this...he has and has had enough material to record at least 3 records over the past 8 years....think how easy it would be for him to have his 5thh record by now and a large tour which would have made millions over past 8 years...he is playing very few dates from this record compared to demand ..so yes he likes money like the rest of us, but he is Very far from greedy

the reason why he is doing these interview moreso than from 9, cuz as we have learned, the 9 recording was an utter nightmare....thats why he couldnt do interviews, cuz they were basically lies!!! he was angry cuz he was attached to a "band" and being 'forced' to do things from the band , same reason he left juniper....Damien is a solo artist like a neil young or Bob dylan (not in their league, no offense) and wants NO attachments or compromises with his music from band members or record companies , and thats cool with me
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote