Old 11-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #29
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

Smile

Unorganized & random bits
from yesterday's magic gig
on this designer's barge on Paris river :

Unorganized & random bits : I mean it !

- Saw a familiar face from afar before the Gig started. Wasn't sure so I adjusted my glasses : Ha ha it was Stephan, at the front row. We chatted a little and he spotted an empty seat on the balconny for me to rest my back... Ha ha thanks man !

- I "discovered" Pistachio, a song that for some reasons I hadn't really noticed in the past. It's like suddenly the music of it, the rhythm, the singing, it all made sense. Or is it they spiced it up for the live version, jazzed it up ? Or maybe it's just me and I was oblivious to that song all this time. Not that I didn't like it to begin with, just it wasn't up there with many others. Well now it will be !
OH DEAR : I certainly hope someone recorded it and is going to post it on YouTube !
Edit, oh here :

- "What'll I do" LIVE !!!
Joy ! Happiness ! Smiles ! And everything in between...
Oh and bouncing on my seat too. Oh dear :

Found this video this afternoon.
The guy who took it was kind of at the same spot as me on the balconny, except directly on the other side.

- I so hope there's going to be a live album soon (maybe not December, though would be the season ! I'd settle for... 2017 ? ). And hopefully it will be a double.
I so hope there's going to be a live album soon. And hopefully it will be a double.
I so hope there's going to be a live album soon. And hopefully it will be a double.
I so hope there's going to be a live album soon. And... Well while we're at it : Why not triple !!!

- Heather W. Broderick is a very talented lady ! One of her nice tune has her alternate, in rapid successions, between a cymbal, her guitar and some electronic device. All this while singing, this was impressive.

- The barge...
Well, as you can see from the pictures : It really is a nice and special place to see Lisa and her band.
I'm imagining that, even though they probably had the choice between different venues, someone must have strongly expressed a big preference for that particular place !

- "Passenger"
Drat ! Same curse as in Newbridge at the Riverbanks Art Center : Audience excessive shyness. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I thought it was so obvious she wanted us to sing along : Well I mean, it was so obvious to me because for that song she came with her mandoline alone on stage.

It's strange how this song can be such a hit or miss for the audience participation :
Newbridge = shyness...
Kildare = foot-stomping-hand-clapping-singing-along-fiesta
Paris = back to shyness...
I hope she wasn't too disapointed.
Then again the ambiance and hand clapping for "What'll I do", for "Lo", for "Knots" hopefully made up for it.

- At Swim : Almost all of it. Except "Barton", unless I'm mistaken or had some swoon induced lapse absence.
Barton you're not forgotten, I'll listen to you more for the next few days !

- The band members : they're really good. They had some solos or stronger moments of accompaniments here and there. The double-bass dude had one mad one in the treeble, for example.
(dude had me not look at Lisa for a moment, but shhhhhh, not a word...)

- At the end I ended up getting stuck on the balconny a little because I took so much time sorting my stuff before getting out (several layers of clothing : was cold outside, then a bit hot inside shortly after Lisa's set started ha ha !).
Long story short, after I finally found my way out of the balconny I ended up blocked kind of behind the merchandizing table along with a very friendly Greek couple while Lisa was signing autographs to hundreds of people : the queue was unending.
I chatted with them a little, then also with a bodyguard from the barge who was not too far from Lisa the whole time, very friendly, very calm, always keeping an eye : reassuring.
Then also there was Una who came sit not too far from me on the merchandize stash-trunk. I hadn't noticed back then in june, but she sure has some beautiful fierce eyes !

- Apparently I'm still as shy as ever when it comes to talk to either Lisa or Una.
Those two mythical creatures sure have presence, I suspect them to have, in fact, some otherwordly powers !

- OH WAIT !!! You know what ? (you'll never believe this...)
I made it back home today without loosing anything !
(I think...)

Last edited by SillyAnonymousPianist; 01-08-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: (added some YouTube video links :) !)
SillyAnonymousPianist is offline   Reply With Quote