View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 AM   #40
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

Last night was amazing
Damien seemed in a good mood, was going on about sticking stuff up your ass for quite a while!
I recorded a lot of it up to the second chorus of eskimo (my recording device had no more space after that), i left it in my pocket on the whole time, turned out pretty good!
have the bit about the fan and some of his 'song' explanations recorded

Didnt think the crowd were too bad, except a girl behind me who wanted everyone to dance the whole time

He played a really 'rock' style song I had never heard before, Vyv and the violinist (sorry i dont know here name) were headbangin and dancing to it! anyone know the name?

Really really loved Coconut Skin, something special bout it

i was about 1 person away from the barrier, right in the middle, right infront of damien, it really was amazing, didnt want it to end!

Timeé by any chance were u the guy in a stripey top? i think you were infront of me ... maybe not!

I've always loved Damien, I used to be completely obsessed by his music a few years ago, last night really proved to me how amazing he is, he's so passionate, it's great to see
loved at the very end how he jumped up like a 'rockstar', lisa was even laughing

setlist

blowers daughter part 2
amie
the professeur
volcano
me my yoke and I
'i dont want to eat the old tomatoes...' leading into Delicate
(damien talked bout how hot it was, and how the only thing to do was to get hotter!!) Woman like a man
Nine Crimes
Cheers Darlin'
Coconut Skin
Eskimo (Damien explained what the song was about, people who stand by you, mothers are good at it, people who stay on ur side even if u do something illegal ...)

thats all i got recorded, cant really remember the order after that, something like this... maybe!?

lisa's solo
vyv and the violinist
vyv on piano - 'my name is ????, i've a blackbelt in karate' flaming lips cover
accidental babies
blowers daughter
rootless trees
other new song, opening line about missing his plane
I remember (2nd part)

im pretty sure i've missed somethin else too ... hope someone can help!

Last edited by dandylittledreamer; 08-31-2006 at 10:31 AM.
dandylittledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote