View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #41
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

He definitely played all these and a few others.

BD2
Amie
The Professor
Volcano
WLAM
9 Crimes
Me my yoke and I
Delicate (with old tomatoes intro)
Coconut Skins
Eskimo
Rootless Tree
Cheers Darlin
Canonball
--Encore--
Accidental Babies
Cora and Vyv
Vyv - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
I remember (2nd half)
Unknown (maybe cover, simple song about love and truth)
Blowers Daughter

I'm surprised to see that everyone else here enjoyed it so much. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. I've been to loads of Damo gigs and this wasn't really a memorable one.

The old songs are still great, but I think I'm tiring of hearing them live at this stage. They've barely changed in the last couple of years. I'm so sick of the spaceship ending to Amie.

Of the new songs, none of them have really grabbed me. Nine crimes is excellent but it's certainly not new. BD2 is one of the best of the new (I mean post-"O") songs, but there's nothing that matches the quality of Volcano or I Remember live. Accidental babies is fairly powerful, but I find it too verbose and musically too thin, I hope there'll be more to it on the album. Coconut Skins was mediocre and I don't think it would've made it onto "O".

I thought Joel Shearer was pretty good and I'm sure Cora Venus Lunny was too, but couldn't hear her violin too well (probably just me not being able to pick out the instrument - I'll never be an orchestra conductor). I would've loved to hear both of them add a solo to the older songs - just for a change.

There were the usual Vicar St problems (more down the back) with idiots shouting stuff. Mostly young scumbag blokes showing off to the girls that were with them. But even apart from that the gig didn't really stand out.

It was still way better than most of the rubbish out there, but for a Damien Rice gig, I'd give it 5/10.

Last edited by Banjaxed; 08-31-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Banjaxed is offline   Reply With Quote