View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:53 AM   #36
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Arrow

I think it's really unfortunate that Lisa's no longer in the band but there is a point that needs to be brought up. Earlier in the Lisa quitting thread, I quoted BeatleBoogie as saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatleboogie
I'll just add that a little bird whispered to us that Lisa is happy. And another little bird said she'd be back - but the choice of words left not much hope that this meant back with Damo. I hope I'm wrong.
Or that the birds were mockingbirds...
*Beatlebooge later admitted that some of the guys in BellX1 told her this news.

Okay, so my question is this. If Lisa is happy, is there really any reason to believe that Damien bullied Lisa out of the band? The reason why I ask is that many people are saying stuff like "according to the choice of words in the official statement, it sounds as if Damo fired Lisa." I'm sure he didn't just walk up to her and hand her a pink slip while quoting Donald Trump . If anything, the official statement on damienrice.com further proves just how much control Damien really has over his music. At the end of the day, he's the boss and even though I truly wish things could have somehow been resolved in a different way, he's not the bully people are making him out to be. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm positive that this was a decision that had many layers to it and Damien didn't just wake up one day and say "Man, I'm gonna try something different..." If Lisa's happy, this obviously means she's okay with the decision. However, it's obvious that Damien was the one who sealed the deal and that Lisa didn't leave the band for the sole reason of pursuing a solo career. Vyv released an EP and she's still in the band and I'm sure Shane and Tomo have collaborated with others as well. At the end of the day, I still don't think they'll never sing together again. They're just too perfect to stay away from each other and maybe some time away is exactly what they need to make sense of things. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, perhaps? We can only hope.

Last edited by Valentino; 03-26-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote