View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #71
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleillily
VALERIE!! It was an open air theatre and I did sing under my breath...not busting out normal voice for full songs.

What really bothered me was the glares for dancing in my chair...like swaying back and forth or nodding my head to the music.

Maybe he just thought i was strange.

Hope you're doing well btw

Let me repeat....

It's a f***ing concert, not a library....

Don't worry... no one is upstaging Damo.

I really don't think ANYONE has a right to declare conduct rules for ANYONE else for ANY concert. There are certainly people at every concert I've ever been to that are much crazier than me... and those that just sit and listen... all is accepted... we need to accept EVERYONE'S experience and be tolerant....

Basically (and I'm probably going to sound like a b*%ch here), be patient with others, people.

I'm not saying people should SCREAM while they are singing, or disrupt him in the gentle parts of "Delicate" or "Older Chests", but if he's belting "Woman Like A Man" or "Coconut Skins" or the pinnacle of "I Remember": "I wanna hear.... what you have to say about me.... hear... if you're gonna live without me"... I'm singing along.... you can't hear me anyway (hopefully, if the sound system in the venue is sufficient)...

Kick me out if you think that is unacceptable.... and then try to tap into your inner hippie... music, especially live music concerts, are not about sitting, folding your hands and listening.

I'm just saying.

Borneoman and I are starting a campaign.

Last edited by CSL; 09-26-2007 at 06:44 AM.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote