Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 06:44 AM   #68
MertWindu
Horrible Timing Eskimo

Ain't nobody's wrong, the jam was definitely different. But this was my first DR show, and while it took me a minute or two to really get into the jams (and I'm very much NOT a jam-band type of fella), I did, and really started to enjoy them. I think with a live show, you have to just sit back and enjoy what the artist is giving you. Not a lot of people can say they heard the death metal blower's daughter live, and the Amie that was played was certainly unique. I'm truly not trying to be flip when I agree with the folks who make the point that if you want to hear the album version of a song, listen to the album. The beauty of a live show is that you're watching a very organic and living thing. Was Amie a bit long? Yes. Did it probably put some people off who may otherwise have liked Damien a lot more? Sure. But it was what it was. It was the choice Damo made, and unfortunately for those who didn't enjoy it, when you purchase a ticket, that's what you're paying for. As long as the artist doesn't show up too drunk to play or decide to make the entire show a Spinal Tap jazz odyssey, you've got to just enjoy what you're getting. That's how I look at it.

And what a wonderful show. I didn't know what to expect, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. Oh, and on youtube is the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmS5sSKxZjw

From what I can gather, I was inside that very same 7-11 mere minutes before the video was taken. Hence my Eskimo name.
MertWindu is offline   Reply With Quote