View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Max
Eskimå

Default El Rey Gig Setlist/Review - Lots of old songs and live favorites.

Wow - what a show!

The show started at 9pm and lasted for 2 hrs and 20 min. They played a lot of old songs and live crowd pleasers, Vyvienne performed The Flaming Lips’ “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots," solo on Piano, and a few new songs. After "Animals" Damo commented that they had finally released the new album but added, "Now we just have to learn to play the songs."

Here are a few of my thoughts on the show.

Incredible show at an awesome venue. All band members seemed to have a good time and Damo joked around a lot.

It seems that the band was more comfortable with the older stuff and with the exception of "Coconut Skins" (which was the best new song at the El Rey), 9 Crimes and "A.B." the new songs still need a little work.

"Rootless Tree" which sounded beautiful on KCRW the other day (and is one of my favorites on 9) didn't seem to work as well last night.

Well, that's all for now. Great, Great, Great show - and very promising for the upcoming tour.

Here is the setlist as I recall it (might have forgotten a song somewhere, but should be pretty accurate).

01. Cannonball
02. Delicate
03. I Remember
04. Rootless Tree
05. Childish
06. The Animals Were Gone
07. Volcano
08. Then Go
09. Coconut Skins
10.The Professor
11. 9 Crimes
12. Vyvienne Long solo on Piano – The Flaming Lips’ “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots”
13. Eskimo
14. Elephant
15. Toffee Pop
16. The Blower's Daughter

Encore
17. Accidental Babies
18. 20 Minute Medley:
Amie
Rat Within The Grain
Lonelily
Grey Room
Bottom Shelf