View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #8
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

The Setlist:

Cannonball
Delicate
I Remember
Rootless Tree (on piano - only one **** You per chorus)
Childish
The Animals Were Gone
Volcano
Then Go (Damien on first verse, Lisa on second)
Coconut Skins
The Professor/La Fille Danse
9 Crimes
Vyvienne solo on piano - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 2
Eskimo
Elephant
Toffee Pop
The Blower's Daughter
Accidental Babies
Medley of Amie/Rat Within the Grain/Lonelilly/Grey Room/Cross-eyed Bear/Bottom Shelf (one verse of each song)
Cold Water

He only played for about 2 hours - show started an hour late at 9, and ended at 11:05. I don't think he was ready for a gig, but that he was doing it to promote the new album. He didn't even have a big enough amp to make the most fantastic sounds he usually makes. It was just a teeny tiny amp, and Tomo didn't have a full drum kit. Damien didn't seem to have a lot of conviction about it - couldn't figure out what he wanted to play next, didn't have a lot to say, etc. But regardless of that, it was an AMAZING show. Ian bet that he would play more songs that weren't on any album than he would play songs from the new album, and technically I guess he was right. Toffee Pop was my fave right behind Accidental Babies. It was An Evening with Damien Rice, so we didn't have to sit through an opening act, but we did wait 2 hours for the show to start, on top of the time we waited outside in line. It was definitely worth it, but at 8:55 I was starting to get pissed. It was good enough that I don't feel bad about missing the shows next month.