View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 05:25 AM   #5
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I'm not sure it's any one Cohen song (although the droning funereal march rhythm could certainly be likened to many Cohen classics like "Suzanne") in the same way that "Baby Sister" is a blatant rip-off of "Famous Blue Raincoat".

The weird irony of that story Damo tells about Cohen is something I related in one of my very first concert posts here back in 2004: "...There was one other funny thing I forgot to mention. As we were driving home we were still excitedly talking about how nice it was to talk to Damo and what a great guy he is. Heidi's listening to "O" on the headphones and suddenly she says almost to herself "He's so hot!" I laughed and said "Did you just say 'He's so hot'?" She said "No." I said "it's OK if you did. I'm not jealous I just thought it was really funny the way you said it -almost like when no one else was around or something." She said "I don't think I'd have said something like that -out loud". She still says she didn't but I think she did."

So, Mr. Rice: "Physician, heal thyself!"