View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #19
Pouline
Eskimo Baby

Your stories are great! It's so cool to read all of these memories

I haven't had the chance to meet Damien unfortunately, but I met Lisa twice in Paris. In 2012, when she was promoting Passenger, she made a few showcases here and there. I went to see her in the Shakespeare & Co bookshop (wonderful place btw!) but I arrived very late and was the last person to be allowed in the bookshop. I had to stand on my tiptoes and I only saw her hair, but it was awesome anyway. After the show, I went and made her sign my copy of her album, I told her my name and we chatted a little.

4 or 5 days later, she had another showcase in a little shop and I made sure to go extra early, but I was so early that she wasn't even there yet! When she arrived, we were at most 5 or 6 people. I didn't want to jump on her so I continued to tour the shop, and after having put down her guitar she did the same and ended checking t-shirts right next to me. I mustered up all my courage and turn to her saying "Hi Lisa!" and she answered right away "Hey Pauline, how are you?" with a big smile on her face. I know we talked a bit about music and stuff but I couldn't believe she actually remembered my name and I was so star-strucked that I don't remember much after that...
Pouline is offline   Reply With Quote