View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
MacFriend
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAVO
i am going to be blunt....being a fan doesnt give you any right whatsoever over someone. whats not fair? you werent old enough last time he was around. it may be frustrating not to see him play but that is on YOU not him. it is your impatience and your expectations of another persons life that leaves you feeling that way. you are young. you have time to change. stop expecting people to live their life for you. read fountainhead by ayn rand . itll give you an idea of what im talking about. if you do , damien is the epitome of the main character, howard roark. he lives for his work. and his work is done for no one else but himself. the moment damo or anyone else caters to fans rather than their own self is the moment they become phoney.
it would be nice to have damo play my back yard. expecting him too is another completely different matter and if i had the same expectations of him doing so as you do in regards to him playing in cork(because , well, you just want him too) i would feel the same betrayal. however i dont have those expectations. live for yourself and let others live for themselves.
rant over
jason

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine

In fairness, what are you on?

I'm not looking for him to live my life for me or for his life to revolve around me, and i agree totally that his love of what he does is what makes him so great. Its true that him 'betraying' his fan is too hard a word to use, but i dono when you have thousands of fans that really want to hear you maybe you should satisfy them?? And if you want to start throwing books at me i'd have picked The Alchemist by Paulo C. to show as damos view on life. And of course i'm just cribbing cause he hasnt been in cork recently, but its just annoying that the smaller names like mark geary of paul Tiernan or Interference are always around everyewhere, and the one who is making millions is nowhere to be seen. I think he is the best since Dylan, and maybe it is because of his style of going and working as he pleases is what makes him so great.... but i also kmow he was always around when he had no money. are you saying that because he has so much money that he suddenly grew this amazing attitude to life and work, or is it that he doesnt need to gig anymore?