View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #28
Andrew
Eskimo Regular

Quote by Jasonavo: "im saying that no one has to live any part whatsoever of their life to please anyone else other than themselves."

Well, you are absolutely correct Jason...however, thats not how modern society works. You have a job, correct? The majority of people who have jobs work for an employer. This employer gives you freedom, but they still demand a certain amount of work to be completed within a given amount of time. An employer gives an employee a task to complete. They say when, how, and how well that task has to be completed in order to keep that job. If that employee fails to meet the deadline and all of the requirements completed, then that employee is risking their job. If everyone were able to just do as they pleased, the world would not function correctly. True, if someone does not want to do something then well, they surely dont have to...if they make that choice, however, to do only as they please, they are going to have an extremely tough time ever being employeed by someone. And since money makes the world go round, no one, without that money, can just sit back and do nothing. Now, before, Damien didnt seem to have this money. He worked extremely hard and shocked a lot of people with the success he made...It seems like now that he has this success he is doing as he pleases...that is perfectly okay. It is to be expected. The only reason why so many people are angry with him is because Damien's OCCUPATION is being a musician. He makes the majoirty of his money from the fans. These angry fans feel as if they are his employer since they supply him with his funds. Its almost like stock. Major companies sell stock and anyone who buys stock, no matter how much or how little, has some ownership of that company. Since all of us are inverstors in the great Damien Rice Corporation, we should all be able to say what we feel Damien should do. Since I have heard in countless interviews that Damien said the second album would be out by now, he needs to stick to his part of the "deal." Now, he has the freedom to do as he pleases, but we as fans, the ones who contribute to his success and financial status, are asking and expecting that he finishes his part of the deal when he said he would. If he neglects to do this, more and more fans will ultimately lose their faith and respect. Now, if Damien were one of my employees he would have been fired long ago. Now, no one owns Damien and can tell him what and what not to do, but anyone who has purchased an album can and should be allowed to say whatever they want about his postponment of doing anything. If Damien loves music so dearly, and since it is his "job", he should fulfill his unwritten duty and produce some more music. Just my thoughts.

Hope everything is going well with you Jason...I havent been around the igloo in awhile
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote