View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
Wheppa
ManLikeAWomenLikeAMan

I think it is problematic to tell the true meaning (which in in this context must be what Damien is trying to demonstrate). Accordig to my opinion this song is sad. Beatiful, but sad. I think of unhappy or one way love, and the aftermatch of a break up. Anyway, this is only my opinion, and I guess that different people can relate this song to different phases in life, and in that way i may only be a beutiful song. I kind of lost my point, but i guess any song can relate to either happy experience or sad experience, and if both of you relate this song to happy love, i canīt see why you shouldnīt use it.
The furies are at home in the mirror; it is their adress. Even the clearest water, if deep enough can drown. Never think to surprise them. Your face approaching ever so friendly itīs the white flag they ignore. There are no truce with my furies. A mirrorīs temperatur is always at zero. It is ice in the veins. Its camera is an x-ray. Its an chalice held out to you in silence communion, where gaspingly you partake of a shifting identity never your own. (Thomas, R. S. 1996)
Wheppa is offline   Reply With Quote