View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:57 AM   #13
muskoxen
Eskimo Regular

ok...so. gordonbrown, why the hell would damien write about a BJ? it's about his clarinet teacher's (blower's) daughter. the paradiso is one of the best gigs ever! i think that if you really quite like the song, and it is a great song, you should certainly have it for your wedding song. because if you think about it, how much of your friends and family will really be listening to the words enough to get the meaning of the song? they'll be listening to "i can't take my eyes off you..." and stuff like that. i thought it was "love you" as well, and so will your family if they don't know any better.

In case you havn't noticed, damien writes just about all of his songs about girls, and heartbreaks, which makes them heartwrenching. in this one he talks about how he can't stop thinking about her, he's sorry that he said those things about her, and he likely will get over her when he finds someone new. There's this same trend in basically all of his songs...i won't get into it, because it could take forever, but i will tell you this...

fade in and fade out to give the illusion of the love song (which in it's right it is) and to hid "until i find somebody new" at the end. cheers man, congratulations on your engagement!

and good luck.