View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #51
soChildish
Eskimo Baby

Some more notes off the top of my head; I dont listen to boots often so some of this might be 'standard'

The Professor/Delicate/9 Crimes
--These three performances were insane. Such intensity and he was really singing the heck out of all of them. He thanked the audience for 'coming back' and mentioned that a friend asked about the Chicago cold weather and he told them he was just happy to be 'well'

My Favourite Faded Fantasy
--He sang about 2/3's of it in his normal register before flipping into his falsetto which made the song a lot more interesting and powerful. The ending with the lighting and samples were crazy.

Coconut Skins
--He talked about how this song was about slowing down from the craziness of life.

Accidental Babies / Truth Is Not Enough
--This was a request from someone in the audience. (Someone also yelled out Prague). I do enjoy Accidental Babies a lot, but in a live setting, it gets to be really long and would have preferred Prague, haha. I didn't recognize the outro song, but it was pretty short, maybe just 20 seconds or so.

Amie / Sex Change
--Before he started Amie, he mumbled something like "yeah I guess I need to do something from 'O'" and someone yelled "Cannonball" and he sort of rolled his eyes and was like "yeah, that one" haha. I didn't recognize Sex Change either, but it was a pretty intense performance. He sang into his the sound hole of his guitar and as he sang it, he more and more hunched over and lower to the ground.

I Remember
--One of my top 3 favorites. Sorta feel like it got the biggest cheers of the night, but I might just be projecting, haha.

Volcano
--He got the audience split up and into it and was a great way to end the main set.

Trusty & True
--Sorta thought he was gonna end with Blowers Daughter/Toffee Pop. So knowing that T&T was the last song and realizing what song it was, sorta bummed me out for a second because I am really into Toffee Pop right now. But of course by the middle of this performance he sucked me back in and got the audience singing again. Very cool to see him command the crowd and it did feel like the "bonfire" he talked about before this song.

Amazing show. Can't wait to see him again. Glad that the audience was a little better about the flash photos and overall, pretty quiet and respectful.
soChildish is offline   Reply With Quote