View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #71
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

I find this interesting and frustrating that no one has responded to my inquiry. On this board, on the gigs page, people post threads all the time about how they met and spoke to Damien or Lisa or Vyvienne or Tomo etc... Yet no one questions the validity or truth of those statements.

Plus the person DID meet lisa. They met her and Gary at the show. That cant be denied. So why would this person make up that info? They obviously are truthful, they said they met Gary and Lisa and proved it by posting pictures.

Look at the gigs page, people say they met lisa and damien and such and all they need to do is post a picture or sometimes they dont even post a picture and people NEVER suggest "Oh you are such a liar, you didnt meet Damien".

Its hypocritical. And its interesting as well and troubling. Most of the time when people meet Damien they pass on to us good news or good stuff, or stuff that doesnt "offend" the Damien police. None of the information provided by these people who meet Damien or the band in the past is critical of the band or any part of the music.

Yet this time a fan met lisa and asked her about some stuff, and this time the fan relayed some info to us that is negative in nature about Damien.

Damien isnt god and its truely pathetic how everyone on this board or at least those in this thread who responded negatively to the original poster, they are really sort of scary. No band is perfect. Even the beatles had problems. John lennon beat his wife and wasnt a good father. He cheated on his wife. Bob Dylan has a reputation for being really icy and cold both to his friends and to fans, Martin Luther King was a womanizer. People can be special, and still make mistakes.

What I dont get is why people are so resistent to the idea Damien kicked her out. I mean, are you really going to jump off a cliff and kill yourself if that happens to be true?

Anyone who looks at the official statement and concludes that the decision for lisa to exit the band, was mutual, is obviously high or illiterate, Most likely both.

As a recent poster said, Damien is in control of this band. Why is it so foreign to people on this board to assume, not only does he write the songs, get his name on the tickets, tour under his name "damien rice touring", play the guitar and sing, but he also decides who is in the band and who isnt?

Can someone please explain the behavior at the infamous concert?

Why cant anyone explain to me why if lisa wasnt kicked out, why she would bother to attend souncheck at the gig? IF your planning on quitting a band, why go to the concert at all, why not call Damien and the crew the day of the show and say "I quit"

Damien isnt superhuman, he makes mistakes, he flubbs lyrics, etc... And this was a major mistake. Who in their right mind would kick lisa out of the band? And plus if you are going to kick her out, is it really proper to let her do soundcheck and them boot her out? Why not kick her out that morning?