View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #83
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Cafe
She may be a loon, but she did meet Lisa, and given that no one has ever raised doubts about the legitimacy of details of other "I met Damien/Lisa/Vyv etc" stories here (especially when accompanied by a photo!), I don't know why even an overly-enthusiastic fan's account of this meeting would be in such dramatic doubt for you.

But, that's cool if you don't believe her story. To me, her story is detailed enough and she clearly actually talked to Lisa, so her dismay at Lisa's comment about being unhappy when she "heard" she was out of the band doesn't sound outrageous or even doubtful to me.

It's also consistent with Damien's statement, frankly, because that didn't sound like it was a 2-way conversation either.

Like I said, at the end of the day my point was mainly that this particular situation IS appropriate for discussion, for the reasons I listed above. But no one has to believe this blog if you don't want to. I just don't see why that enthusiastic fan's account is so "in question" when there have been oodles of similarly deliriously happy accounts similar to that here and no one seems to raise an eyebrow.....

Excellent post. Agree 100 percent. The hypocrisy of people on this board is astounding. When people post about meeting Damien and are oozing fanatical love affair statements like "I love you damien" or whatever and people post that crap on the board, no one bats an eyelid. It isnt called into question. People post all the time about meeting Damien, yet no one calls them liars. Why are cali and others so willing to call this blogger a liar?
People post all the time about meeting damien and gushing over him and then damien replying stuff like "hi" or "thank you" or whatever, people post info about meeting damien and asking for autographs, yet no one on her calls them out and calls them liars, why is that?

Its hypocritical to only believe some accounts of fans. This blogger met Lisa. Its hard for you to admit that Cali and others but it happened. As much as you tell your self that it didnt occur, the blogger has photos to prove it.

People post on this board all the time about meeting damien and usually post some silly or superficial story, about how they met damien and he said one word to them or whatever. Isnt that private information? How is that not personal information and personal buisness?

Its all or none. Either all posts, ALL posts about meeting damien and lisa and the crew are unfair and personal and do not deserve to be posted as they deal with private stuff, or ALL posts of meeting damien and lisa deserve to be discussed. They cant be seperated.

People have no problem at all reading a post from some fan who tells damien that they love him, and how damien said "thanks" but people step back in horror when someone posts something that suggests damien isnt such a stand up guy in terms of band buisness