View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #90
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

I used to love coming on here and reading what everyone else had to say about Damien Rice and his music. I am not one of the old school people and I may not have posted all that much but if it wasn't for this site I would never be up to date on what's going on. Then I had a few moments on here and I decided to stay away for a while and maybe come back with a more open mind (see, i tend to be very passionate about my views). Then I come on after reading that Lisa and Damien are no more and this is what I see. It is so sad that everyone has to get on top of eachother about, "who cares if Lisa isn't in the band anymore", or, "you're not an original member", or, "i know everything and you know nothing." It always saddens me as a fan of music whenever I see stuff like this. No one can make everyone happy all of the time and that includes Damien Rice. But come on everyone, we're all here for the same reason. We all love Damien and his music. We may not all love it the same way. We may not have all been listening to it for the same amount of time and it may mean something different to every single person on this board but the fact that we are all fans should be enough. I always felt, even with my very differing tastes in music, that no matter if I was talking to a fellow Pantera fan, a Damien Rice fan, a Buddy Guy fan, that the love of the music should make us all realize that there is no need to argue or belittle eachother - no matter how different our opinions on everything else. Like I said before, we are all here for the same reason - let's respect that.
Enjoy the music!!!! - Erin