View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #47
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pink
spamlet....you no....some times you really piss me. i by no means want to start a fight, so let us all have our opinions...but..i don't like they way you speak about the songs...its like you have some sort of ownership over them

u are entitled to your opinions, as am i, but it just anoys me so much they way u go on. its frustrating and annoying. it makes me want to scream. ahem...agh.

i swear u remind me of Christopher Francis Boone
Pinkster,

I'm a gut reaction type of guy. Very passionate in my beliefs so I state them as strongly as I feel them: to the depths my soul. Art consumes my entire life and work so, consequently, it's also my religion. Yes, I probably explain why in more specific detail than most because my fevered brain is also extremely over-analytical. Believe me: Myers-Briggs wise my personality type is the rarest one (INFJ) and this mixture of sensitivity and logic is a terrible curse but well suited to being an arts critic which I have training and background in (shocking, yes?).

I liked the album very much overall with the exception of ONE production aspect: I don't believe Lisa was used as effectively as she should have been. I'll live with it and in time I'll probably get so used to the studio version changes that they won't matter all that much. This is simply my honest, initial and still raw experience of my favorite singer/songwriter's newest opus. No way that can be casual. Most folks who disliked various things about it here have been far more critical than that.

Of course I own the songs! So do you. We all have a very unique and personal reaction to the experience of art. The moment we interact with it it becomes ours. It's our silent conversation with the artist. No one else will feel it in the exact same way. We won't either because we're ever shifting and growing and it will change right along with us.

My reaction is not really much different from you getting so pissed about my reaction. Don't know who this Boone dude is either since I doubt that's the full name of Shannon's brother from "Lost".