View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofstars
-Cheers Darlin' (he smoked indoors, can he do that in Canada? )
No! But he does it anyways, and it's always brilliant.

The show was amazing! A friend of mine managed to record the audio for most of it, so hopefully that turned out well!

The song Vyvienne did was a Flaming Lips cover - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, and it was pretty great. Definitely one of the highlights of the night.

Getting to hear Childish was awesome. He always throws in something special for his Canadian gigs

He was in a great mood the entire night... he told us the Mr. Penis story before The Professor, and a great story comparing a relationship he had to a can of peas...?

It was before I Remember and he was talking about being really hungry and wanting beans and toast, going to a store to get them, buying a can, and then coming home, dumping it into a pot and realizing that it was actually a can of peas... "I had a relationship like that once... I started out thinking she was beans but..."

And for the looped ending to the song, Vyv was on the piano, so that was a nice treat too. The entire band was on fire tonight. Brendan and Joel were both on drums at one point (well, Joel on his red box) and Damien was just jamming on the guitar with them and it may have been my favorite moment of the night!

We got a lot of extended outro's and intro's, and his version of 9 crimes was fierce. And having seen him end a show with Cheers Darlin' 4 times now, I have to say that this was by far my favorite! (I have the audio, so I'll get it up here tomorrow)

There was also a moment where he asked the entire audience to get naked (2nd time this has happened in Toronto!)...

We hung around to see him afterwards too - he came out in the lovely and very faded patchwork shirt that we all love so dearly. Reiterated his plans to take some time off, Adelaide asked him about the charity album he'd been working on and he said he'd like to get back to that during his time off. And she gave him chocolate (I don't remember when it was, but during the show he was talking about how he loved chocolate)

If my pictures came out at all, I'll get them up here...
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote