View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #1
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

Cool A three day trip to Ireland... Almost everything went according to plan ! Almost...

JUNE 1, 2016
Exterior temperature : not brilliant for june
Weather : flooding

At first I thought I'd take a train very early (think 4am) on june 2 to get to the shuttle that was going to the airport, buuuuuuut with the strikes in France, the super bad weather, and a tingling sense at the back of my neck, I thought it would be a good idea to get a room in Paris and get there the day before.

Wise decision (for once) especially since the normal 1h train trip to Paris turned out as 3h a little because of said strikes, and more specifically because of landslides and collapsings under the rails : we did have to switch train, swap train itinerary to the west of Paris, and so on and so forth... I was starting to get a tiny weenie bit of anxious to be honest.

I mean things had already started to NOT go according to plan when I received (while in the train) the notification of delivery from Amazon for an item that was supposed to be here a week ago and that I wanted to hand to Lisa to have it autographed.
Be cursed Amazon ! I was imagining myself pinning needles on their logo in a helpless Voodoo attempt at getting revenge...

Finally reached my hotel in the outskirts and got greeted, out of the metro station, by some architecture I totally forgot still existed in Paris.

Then again, in the same vicinity was some another bizzarre one of a style I didn't think ever existed in Paris.
Oh well let's take pictures and start getting warmed up with the camera.

My bedroom at the hotel was... "Quaint" !
But it sure was cheap so i'm not going to complain.
That said, the walls were thin as cigarette paper or so it seemed and I actually spent the night NOT sleeping, or maybe barely a couple hours before my 5h30 taxi to get to the shuttle.

Last edited by SillyAnonymousPianist; 06-28-2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: (correcting broken link for images)
SillyAnonymousPianist is offline   Reply With Quote