View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Little question from someone trying to learn about torrents. I think I managed the downloading part and now I got this flac files. Never seen/heard about flac files ever in my life so I don't know how to open them so that I can listen to the files. I just wanna listen, not publish them or anything. Could anyone help in here, please pretty please??

search for "FLAC frontend" on google. Download the program. It's very easy to use, just drag the files into the box, and it will put .WAV versions of the files in the source folder. Then you can burn those onto an audio cd.

Having shows in mp3 is totally fine, as long as you don't pass them on to other people. I put all my best shows into mp3 or m4a files so that i can put them on my ipod. You just can't advertise "I have this show in mp3" because then people will want it, and you start watering down the trading pool with poor quality files.

Miriam, this was my first time using bit torrent. All you need is a program like Azureus. You click on the link above, and download the file... it seems like it will take forever (mine said it would take 14 hours). I left my computer running overnight, and this morning, the show was downloaded.
bryce5.23.88 is offline   Reply With Quote