View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #24
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
hey, guess what, it is being shared with everyone. if there's a free show somewhere and you don't have a car and refuse to take the bus to it, that doesn't mean it isn't still free for everone including yourself. i'm just trying to preserve the quality here so EVERYONE can listen to the best possible sounding source. if you wanted to hang a painting on your wall would you want the original or a picture somebody took with a digital camera and then printed out?

as for other "bootlegs" (also an incorrect term by the way) and other tapers, there are very few that would spread the show in mp3. those that would likely recorded it in mp3 and didn't really know what they were doing or don't care about others getting a good version. i may do that from time to time too when i just don't care, but i always ask people to only use it for personal use and not trade it.

and as far as your videos are concerned, i personally doubt you converted and compressed your videos much if at all. my guess would be you transferred them directly from your camera and uploaded them because you don't want to take the time to find out how to encode/compress/etc. i'd love to actually be wrong on this...
first i didnt say you weren't putting it out there for everyone. i was making a statement that i was willing to convert and compress my videos to share with others, even though quality was compromised. i can understand you wanting to preserve the quality. as for your accusation that i did not in fact convert and compress my videos, HA! first of all it wasn't even my camcorder, i don't own one, so i had to figure our how to get the video from the camcorder to my laptop, that took a few hours. then i realized the video files were going to be about the size of half my hard drive. (15 gb) ouch! so the next night as i was waiting in line for the el rey show, i met a guy who told me to use the windows media encoder thing to compress the files. so last night i downloaded that and figured out how to convert the files in to wma files and in the process compress the **** out of them to a manageable and up-loadable size, so i could share with people, and and have my hard drive back. so really, thank you for doubting me when i said i did something. but as a general rule, i do what i say im going to do and i told alot of people i would get this video up for them, so i had to figure it out.
flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote