View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
Noellenc
Eskimo Baby

Hi! Thanks, thanks! I really like Damien Rice music and I wish more were piano because I'm too lazy to transcribe guitar to piano, but I like playing his stuff hehe

^^ Oh, well that first song on there, Twilight, was the first song I ever learned on the piano (like 5yrs ago, but still a favorite)!! I mostly play by ear. I can read sheet music only very slowly, so I try to just figure it out by listening. Umm, tips?? If you get a good notion of chords, then it makes more sense when you try to pick something out. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm not an expert myself. Those 3 songs are not really very difficult to play. 9 Crimes is extremely, extremely easy. It is just 4 chords over and over.

I just wanted to add that since you are playing on a keyboard instead of a piano, you will probably have some difficulties you would not encounter on 'the real thing.' I have a cheap, $300 Yamaha, and I find that the keys are too skinny, too short (so I can't push them down as far), and because they are plastic my fingers slip off of them more easily. It makes it more difficult to play in a flowing, easy manner, but not impossible... since you are learning on one you may become accustomed to it!

Last edited by Noellenc; 01-29-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Noellenc is offline   Reply With Quote