View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #40
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
Vere we want the Cactus review
haha, marti! as ian said, it was intense and moving (very! at least, for me). i donīt think it was anything special but the energy of each song and the twits and turns on the regular ones was magical. probably it was only me, but i do believe people there could agree.

he looked very tired, his eye were shouting "bed" when he came out on stage and his voice sounded a bit rusty when he spoke ("wow" he said by looking at people and mentioned how great the festival was at the very beginning), but when he started playing... all disappeared.

again, there were no surprises on the set list, i luckily can say that iīve listened to the same songs live more than a few times now but they caught me very single time all over again. he was not really chatty, i think he only told the story of sperm before the professor and a few words to guide us through volcano chorus... and at the very end when he dismissed a few songs due to lack of time, but he looked very happy (maybe happy is not the right word, but i believe you can get the gist) and in a good mood.

actually, it seemed he would play cheers darling at some point, because the table was set: two wine glasses, three (!!!) bottle of wine and two chairs, but it didnīt happen. he said "cheers darling, no, because itīs too long"... he played tbd in the end.

ian, thank you so much for the recording. i tried to remember all the songs in order, but i lost count after the third one

it was a real treat to see you again and caro (thank you for all your help!) and claude (i got worried when you said you should drive back all night alone. i hope it wasnīt too hard).

caro took some great pics (i think they were allow to take shots only at the very end). hereīs the link for all, like me, facebook renegades
https://dimlylitstages.com/2016/07/1...stival-bruges/

my fav: