View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I agree that it is a bit disjointed, but maybe that's just the way his brain works. We have sort of a standardized way of writing & talking that doesn't reflect the way all people think or write or talk. I would've liked him to go into more details with certain topics - it was like he just skimmed over a lot of various topics.

I liked what he said about how we declare everything/everyone as "good" and "bad". It's hard for people to get past that, especially since catergorizing and ranking helps protect our brains from overload, but I would like to see people give more effort to seeing the grey in between, in all areas but right now especially in politics. The vast majority of political "debates" seem to just be Democrats and Republicans shouting at each other and not even considering that there may be an ounce of truth in what the other one says. They see anything the other one says as bad, even though they would find out that they actually agree sometimes if they would just shut up and listen to each other.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote