View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #40
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

great show, Damien in good mood, chatty, talking his days in Italy, trying to talk in Italian but kinda doing it in Spanish ugly venue (why seated!!!!) in a very beautiful setting...
lots of requests being played (Insane, Rat within the grain, Colour me in, Rootless tree)... Damien very energetic, very rock God, very rocky versions of Insane and Rootless Tree, much less acoustic and much more rock'n'roll than recently...
very weird version of Volcano with Gyda, which we all kinda agree if didn't work

aftershow happened after a couple of hours waiting, at like 1h30am, lots of people still there, like 200 maybe? was good but not the best, not ideal cos there were too many people, also a bit noise with trucks uploading gear etc, also security guys surrounding him like if he was Madonna in the beginning during Eskimo, then suddenly left......
first bit was weird especially the request... like massive request from lots of people for I Don't Wanna Change You (really people??) but even more bizarre, a guy requesting again Delicate which had already been played during the main set, come on people that was a waste of a request...
much better 2nd half with Bastard, beautifully done, and then The Box, also great, he did the dividing the audience thing like in Volcano but made us sing different things... the ending with Cold Water with a girl from xfactor italy (I believe) and Hallelujah was also great...