Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #77
Adelaide
Eskimo Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyb
cheers... thanks for the kind words adelaide... is that your real name? stunning if it is...

i shot with a Canon Digital Rebel XTI body ($800 USD) and a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens ($350 USD)... it's my "i'm at a concert and need to be sneaky" setup... the body size of the XTI is small enough to fit somewhere on my body and not be noticed which is not easy to do with most SLRs... to me it feels strange because the body is small (compared with other SLRs) but it's a perfect fit for most women's hands... it's a fantastic camera though... i really love the photos that come out of it most of the time... the lens is meant for extremely low-light situations or obtaining incredible depth-of-field because it's a super fast lens, meaning that the shutter is capable of opening really wide really quickly... Canon makes a 50mm f/1.8 for about $80 USD (super cheap) that is a great starter for a fast prime lens... but the f/1.4 is a little bit faster and the focus mechanism is far superior and in low light situations , especially concerts, you don't want your lens hunting around trying to focus cause by then the shot is gone... i'm rambing... sorry... i could talk about cameras and lenses all day... let me know if you need help finding the right gear but i highly recommend the XTI as a beginner SLR... you won't outgrow it's capabilities until you start making serious money from your photographs...
oooh thank you so much! that sounds really good especially since my hands are inconveniently tiny........ lol. that's actually far cheaper than i anticipated.... i just might indulge in one then

and yes, Adelaide is indeed my actual name.....
Adelaide is offline   Reply With Quote