View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #85
lod
Eskimo Regular

Ok so trying to get it together to write a review of last night.. Met a few Eskimo friends in the ferryman, two friends who had come all the way from nz and USA... No pressure so Damien...I met a pal of mine who works in venues before the gig and so I knew to expect the stripped back gig, not maybe a string quartet r other musicians appearing that I had kinda expected in his home.. Firstly rows a and b were gone ( maybe to fit in the choir at the back,but probably something to do with shrek the musical running in the theatre currently! So my row f set was four rows frm the front! Yahoo....he started kinda like Amsterdam gig,at first, quiet, introspective, but I think he needs to give himself time to settle.. He's a shy man,needs to brace himself for the crowd interaction.. He came alive then,lots of smiles and stories...someone already shared the soup one,that he then said wasn't about soup.. Scrubbing the pot, an analogy of the dating game. i heard him quietly quip that it's about scrambled egg! Ever tried scrubbing that off a pot? he came alive and animated for volcano, comparing the building tempo to a couple making love, and then says but we won't go there! Lots of smiles and that cute little laugh he does.. I loved the image of him trotting home frm the GAA club after practicing, developing I remember, cos I have this image in my head of his mammy saying to him I'm not having you lot practicing in the house anymore, go find somewhere else! And it showed he can laugh at himself when he described the different versions.. As someone else says he started telling stories but stopped himself a few times and I wanted to shout at him go on tell us but it wasn't appropriate.. The gig was hushed and reverent to watch a master at work...v hard to get clips or photos. I have some pics but not sure how I add them here.. I'm still dying to know if anyone taped the gig... I counted, we got 17 tracks, and it was truly amazing.. The best gig I have ever seen and a tribute to the man and his guitar how he was able to hold the audience in the palm of his hand.. I'm sure every woman in the audience was looking at him thinking... I so would.... He's just amazing and the vulnerability makes him even more loveable. I have a whole story frm after the gig but maybe people don't want to hear that........

Last edited by lod; 11-04-2014 at 05:16 PM.
lod is offline   Reply With Quote