View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #6
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesquall280
ok for the longest time i figured that the album "o" was just a bunch of songs that were sad in their ways. i just figured somthing out about the whole album thou. it's more or less a story of loss love. now listening to the songs you could base that theory with him. but all the songs are decending in that they chronilog a fallout of a relationship. the whole album is mostly from his point of view. at first he doubts his love for the girl. i believe her name would be amie. it's the only name that shows up on the album. then as the album progresses he discovers he actually loved her. by the end it's almost tragic in that he continues to long for her, but she has moved on. Amie comes into the "story" and presents her view on the situtaion through several songs. she states from the begining which would be the blower's daughter that she doesn't hate him nor does she want to forget what they had. she comes back later in the last three tracks and basically tells him that she still loves him but she moved on. she has the last word on the album as she says goodbye to him and hopes he gets better. it's hidden in track ten. i acutally tried to break down the album as best as i could. here is how i interpeded the album

1 i believe the relationship just ended but he's not as hurt as he will be

2 instead of being sad about the love he is doubting it

3 admiting that he is hurting/longing for her return she then tell him she doesn't want to forget what they shared he thinks that someone new will rid him of his problems in the closing line

4 hoping for the return of the love they had

5 looking back at the love they shared and hoping he could have it again

6 now hoping she still believe in their shared love

7 drunk - singing about how much she is missed

8 wanting to die

9 she dicusses their love and discusses how she moved on/

he is at this point crying out that she is wanted so badly by him, he wants to know if their love could return

10a so down and out he turn to drugs(cocaine)

10b still holding on to a string of love that isn't there and just hurting for her

10c she says her final goodbye and hopes he'll find happyness

not as detailed as i want it to be but i am just writing off the top of my head.
it mirrors my life as of late.
that was possibly the biggest load of bullcrap i ever heard.

i mean well done for creating fiction in Damien Rice's songs.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote