View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
Timeé
Intello

^ oh yeah i agree with macfriend aswell...

but..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesquall280
i am not saying that i think the man's a god sending us these messages. it's just the way i interped it. like eskimo friend. i could never figure it out until a friend of mine heard it and said that when he's down he turns to cocaine. that's where i get that idea from and it kinda makes sense. also i always thought that the hidden tracks were just other songs. then when i actually listen and read the words it only makes sense that they branch out of "o". like silent night. she says goodbye one last time. i am only offering my opinion of the album. i wasn't looking for a message or anything. i just liked his music. then when i stood back and actually read into it i found this common strand through out the whole album of just sadness and desperation. i put the fallout of my recent girl and the album side by side and found it. i truly believe that something along the same line happened to him. a fallout of love if you will.
the song is not called eskimo friend but "eskimo".. and it is about damien not being able to write a song..

he was in a big chateau in the south of France with Juniper and was given 3 days to write songs.

on the third day he got really mad coz he wrote stuff that wasnt good.. it didnt come from the soul..
he got frustrated and whacked his guitar against the wall..
everything about the situation went out of his head - he was shocked at what the damage to his friends' guitar was.

so he picked up the guitar.... and ten minutes later Eskimo was packaged

this is not my interpretation but his words in my words.

if you want to know more about 'O' and its creation i suggest you look in the interview section...
when i'm listening to a song i'd rather interpret it in my life than figure out what it actually means...
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote