View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #107
Pouline
Eskimo Baby

Okay, after a week of non stop listening (+ a gig in between), here are my thoughts:

* MFFF: Loved it from the very start, great album opener but like some of you, I think maybe listening to it too much beforehand kinda lessen my reaction when listening to it with the album. Still, one of my favourites.

* ITALTKAM: I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think I need to listen to it more for it to grow on me. I find it too long for a 2nd track... :/

* TGB: Beautiful beautiful beautiful. But kind of the same reaction as for MFFF, maybe I listened to it too much beforehand... But I love all of it, the music, the lyrics, the rawness of it...

* IDWTCY: I liked it better in the album than outside of it. It was my least favourite of the 3 songs that came out before the album but I think it comes out better in the middle of the other songs.

* Colour Me In: Typical Damien song, love it!

* The Box: never gave a really good listen to this one before. I heard it live but somehow I was not carried away like with the other songs. It took a couple listenings but now I love it.

* T&T: The biggest surprise for me. I find it wonderful because I was not expecting this kind of song. It's so different from typical Damien's songs and yet similar at the same time. I love the double male vocals (sorry I don't know how to say it in english), it doesn't happen very often in his songs. And the whole "Irishness" of it. Also, great song to end a gig.

* Long Long Way: It still has to grow on me a bit, but I like it. I love the opening lyrics. When I first listened to it, I was in bed and kinda drifting away and when I reached the "Cold Water" moment of the song, it literally woke me up and for a second I thought I accidentally changed the track by mistake. In addition to Cold Water, it also reminds me a bit of Cheers Darling in the end with the clinking of glasses and the clarinet...

* Camarillas: still waiting for my DL link...
Pouline is offline   Reply With Quote