View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
Kateling
Eskimo Baby

Default The Motives- Hardcore Insanity is alive and well in Wexford

We were at a gig, oh it was brilliant. Well, just one band and I'm not so good with words so I'm gonna let Sean do the talking...

"Ladies and gentlemen, I happened by chance rather than design to attend a gig at the Dun Mhuire in Wexford on the 20th August 2005. I know from personal experience that the Dun Mhuire crowd can be lethargic at best but...

the Motives managed not only to excite and delight the crowd with their particular brand of gaelic ska-punker dudeness but summon the masses to band together and form a conga line. Snaking around the large hall as the strangely OC-esque singer chanted "conga line, conga line" was one of the best gig experiences I have had this year. Their set featured megaphones, a defiantly crossdressing guitarist, a sign (home made), a skull, a body painted drummer, 3 part crooked harmonies and a song about Boston Public (the singers favourite show). If you ever get a chance to see this band, please do not hesitate to both attend and advertise so that others may luxuriate in the rapture that is The Motives.

" RALPH, RALPH, RALPH, RALPH RALPHIN' AROUND (we're ralphin' around)" "

Back to me. Just to say, if anyone has any information whatsoever on these guys, has heard of them or seen them play, let me know...
Kateling is offline   Reply With Quote