View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #63
FightthegdFight
Eskimo Regular

-In terms of the movie, I'm still not sure what to make of it. Unlike a lot of documentaries, it does not have a well structured argument. It was more of an awareness raising film since it showsthe various points of views on the situation in Tibet. It displays the wide spectrum of various people/party's beliefs, but it left me without a great sense of direction or hope.

Visually the movie was stunning and it had a great score. On the down side, I felt that it was a bit too long and slightly unorganized. But then again, that's just my opinion. If you're looking to understand the full scope of the Tibet situation, this is not the answer. If you are looking for a fresh perspective on the situation from key players, this is definitely a must watch.

-I didn't notice the Thom Yorke contribution.

-As for the studio version of "what if i'm wrong," the movie only played about a minute and a half of the song about 80% of the way through the video. The beginning starts with some monks in the vein of cold water. I'd be curious to hear the whole song.