View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well... my soul is a bit (or too much, he) melancholic. i love sorrow be gone. i find so much hope in it i also like ruin very much (except for that "humaaaaaaan" part, which i think it´s just ok), i´m hooked by the "you can´t wake a girl who pretends to sleep" line. and i think to be beside you and all i need ("rest your mouth on my mouth", beautiful thought ) are really good songs.

but, my favourite is, obviously i think, shock to my system. i was hooked by it when gemma played live, i like live version more. as someone said on a musical blog: "Shock To My System” is delicate, melancholic and achingly lovely, but I catch myself longing to return to the crappy, jerky-mobile-phone-recorded YouTube clip where I first heard it; no strings, no glockenspiel, more passion." i still love the album version (even though i miss this "i thought that i was doing good" line)... and i also like the intrumental piano song "that sky again"