Thread: Amie
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #21
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminCostello
So, at his NYC show, he basically explained this song. I wish I had a recording of it so I could transcribe, but you'll have to rely on my memory - I will just try to summarize the jist:

Amie is a friend of his, and he hadn't seen her in a long time, but he found himself single at the time, and went to visit her. When he was there, they hit it off, and she invited him to stay (overnight), but apparently only as a "you can sleep here" kind of thing (too much wine? not sure). Anyhow, he talked about how she led him to the guest room, and then went to bed. He talked about lying there for hours wishing / imagining that she would come to him in the night . . . but she didn't, and he alluded to some form of self-gratifiication (which was hilarious), and then I think there was like a big picture window, and some kind of beautiful view inspired him as he lay there...
it was a shooting star.. then a shower of shooting stars... or possibly a spaceship
anyway whatever it was at the show i was at he said "there was definitely some weird f*cking sh*t going on" in the sky that night lol

hey anybody remember this?

http://www.bandbuilder.com/damienric...ef_code=D30539

when i first got into damien i was sending this as an e-card to everyone i knew. the cartoon story cracks me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimofan55
I just had a revelation: amie is a part of Damie n's name. Is this a coincidence or intentional? This is very interesting...maybe amie is his idealized self or something, or maybe she reflects a part of himself. I don't know, I just thought this really might change the meaning of the song. Any thoughts?
i really like this theory...

i also like that amie means 'friend'

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 05-13-2005 at 02:01 AM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote