View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
crackpotcuckoo
Eskimo Regular

I was brought up without religion. My parents didn't have one so neither did I. I was never baptised. I didn't make my communion or confirmation. When I was very young I didnt have any opinions on it. I just knew that I didnt believe. At some stage I suddenly realised why people do believe in god. Every single person, on this planets, greatest fear is being alone. The thought of dying and spending an eternity alone is absolutely terrifying for anyone. So believing that you're going to go somewhere makes you feel a lot better. Its also easier when someone you love dies. It makes you feel safe because they've gone somewhere "better". And when people come into difficulty in their life. It feels good for them to know that there's someone watching over them. I can completely understand why people would want these feelings of security and I always respect people's religion. I went to a very protestant primary school, My secondary school was a catholic one. And i've had some very good friends who were very religios. But sometimes people dont seem to give me the same respect. Once in school a teacher was speaking in the class and basically said that if you're not religious then you dont have any morals!! I
crackpotcuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote