View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #21
cello_pudding
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda
I believe in something but i can't/want to give it a name. Some things happen for a reason and can't be just a coincidence.
I've seen lots of different religious things (christian church, buddhist temple/monastry, hindu temples, muslim mosk, hare krishna temple, bahai) and everywhere i find some things i appreciate or believe in, but none is entirely my thing.
very existential and open...but the way i go about things is not seeing all the choices and seeing how it should be...i see how things should be and then find which will fit that. if you simply don't believe in a deity because science has "proven" his non-existance. that's ridiculous. if you search deeper and deeper into the creation of the world, you will see how much of a clock this solarsystem is. if you want to read a book on that you should read "rare earth" there are way too things that are in perfect mediums to create life. the existance of stars and helium and Beryllium to create carbon to create our earth, the perfect medium of our gravity (if it were +/-1% pressures and temperatures wouldn't be liveable), attraction of protons and neutrons on the subatomic level, we have a moon that keeps our orbits and rotations in order, the existence of jupiter to save earth from debree, the introduction of complex things by means of NON-darwinian evolution. not that i don't believe in evolution, i don't entirely believe in macroevolution, but its just plain fact there is micro...but that's unavoidable.

anyways..how i go about believing in God and leaning toward a religion goes like this. obviously all the science in the world isn't going to explain a first cause. so there, i have a belief of god. this god seems extremely intelligent, so he created with a purpose. we hear that god is love, and i believe that loving him and loving the people around us is what he wants us to do. that implies a lot to how we should live and how we should use our talents in the world he's given us. and then you have mohammed , budda, jesus christ, joe smith, (i forget the bahai's guys name), so on and so forth. the stories of jesus christ and ppl like...mohammed...are very different in that the ones of jesus christ are dated to have been created within 30 years of around his lifetime. mohammed's ...specifically of the miracles have been found to be added a few hundred years later. (they will say the same about us saying we created jesus in 325ad...but that's just when the nicene creed was created, basically a summary of what christianity stands for)

the story of jesus was also spread within 30-50 years. before the internet was created it was hard for things to be passed around. it took tales like king arthur to be passed about 200-300. obviously there is reason for that.

so i do believe primarily what the christian church believes. but a religion as a culture that changes is def something i don't want to follow. anyways...ill stop now since i've already have written a lot to read.

Last edited by cello_pudding; 04-08-2005 at 07:55 PM.
cello_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote