View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 AM   #38
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno
I understand that there is indeed a FLAC plugin for winamp... but have never felt the need to download it. FLAC is a lossless format - converting the files to lossy mp3 format basically is defeating its purpose. I always archive my flac files onto cd-r or dvd+r, decode to wav and burn a cd (for use on my good stereo) and import said WAV files into iTunes (in AAC format) to be played on my iPod. You can also put WAVs on your iPod, but they eat up a lot more space. Anyway, to each his or her own... if you want mp3's for personal use, then that's of course your prerogative, and perfectly acceptable, just realise that it's common courtesy to honour a taper's wishes if he/she asks that one NOT convert to mp3 and spread it, doing so is unacceptable in the serious trading community.

Can't wait til my download finishes up... really looking forward to hearing this recording... it'll give me a taste of what we might be in store for tomorrow night.
are you trying to educate me or the general public here? if it's the former may i just say i find it hilarious that somebody is telling me (the taper) about flac/mp3/etc and to honor my own wishes lol

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-16-2006 at 07:14 AM.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote