View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 04:07 AM   #77
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

An $800 rig isn't worth the $800 when you think about the sound you get from an $85 rig. Just my opinion. Naturally it is better, don't get me wrong, but is it worth the extra $715 dollars, for a smidge better quality? No doubt that gear is expensive, taping is risky, and difficult, and not enjoyable, and I have respect for all tapers (used to hate them, but now I kind of am one/or plan to be). The thing that disturbs me, is when kids sit on their tapes and rub it in the rest of the communities face about having it, and how no one else ever be able to get it (it hasn't happened here yet, thank god, and I hope it never does, I have seen it happen before on other forums, and that is why I feel so strongly about it). To some degree yes, the recording is done by a person, in the audience. It is THEIR gear, they paid for it, THEIR time and effort to sit and to remain quiet, and be stealth from security for the entire show, and be constantly obbessed over how their tapes will turn out (which good tapers do), while other f**kheads scream their heads off and RUIN the recording, but yet can get on STG or a Hub in the next few days download the show and sell it, or convert to mp3 and spread inferior copies (that is the most extreme case, but you get the idea). So yes, it is their recording, but it is certainly not theirs to flaunt and rub into other dying fans faces either, because it reality it is Damien Rice's music, and everyone here can agree on the common ground that is sharing/spreading/appreciating his music. Nuff said.Edited by: thierryhenry
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote