View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #85
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Sorry for not giving an update but there was nothing to update until very recently. Apparently a lot of people got the wrong idea about my role in all of this. My friend Amanda borrowed her friend's MD recorder and taped the show we were at. Because I'm far moreactive here than her,she told me to let everyone know that we'd be getting it out to you as soon as we could. We obviously underestimated how much time it takes for novices to do such a thing.

She made a copy of it but she had never made a copy of an MD before and did not know how to adjust levels etc. By her own admission she made several mistakes and she gave that firstsmall mistakes filledcopy to me just so I could get an idea of how the show sounded overall(before being adjusted)to tell everyone if the quality was good. She trusts that I have a good ear. Ido (years of playing 'Thief' have honed it lol)however I know/knew nothing about the technical side of all this and so do not know how to alter the levels etc. myself. I hope I never gave anyone the impression that I was the onemastering the recording. I'm not.I also didn't mean to give anyone else the impression that I was in charge of distributing it either. I don't know the first thing about how technicallyto get this show out to the people because I've never done anything like this before. I'm just the first person who got to hear what the show will roughly sound like.

This leads me to the next problem. TONS of people have been pming me for weeksasking for the show etc. I tried to answer as many as I could but I didn't know who would get it first. Weeks ago, Framesaver (the apparentlyideal masterer of boot showsfrom what I can see on damienricetrading.org) pmed me on behalf of Mario weeks ago asking for Amanda's email so he could give it to Mario so he could work with her toput it online etc. I just found out from AmandaYESTERDAY that he never emailed her about it after all. I have no idea why. I was shocked. So you cansee why I didn't know what to tell you even though I didn't realize people were getting so antsy on this thread cause I didn't know to check it and didn't have time to before now anyway even if I had known. I've been helping everybody on the other bigforum on this site to finally hear the juniper rarities that I just got sent by Patricia by making a briefcase (something I'd never done before) so I haven't checked the gigs forum lately until today. I wasn't ignoring anyone I was juston the wrong part of the site.

The other thing is that my copy is not what we considered a finished product it was insteada test run -arough draft. So I was never saying my copy is the one we would ideallymake other copies from and that's why I said before it would be suitable for download it would need to be altered volume wise etc. She was planning on making a better copy. The copy I have is all on one track and the first part of the first song "delicate" (the tomatoes intro)which is on her original isn't on mine. There is instead a silent track because she hadn't hooked it up right or whatever and didn't realize it until after.

Anyway because it wasn't her MD her friend asked for it back so she wasn't able to make another copy right away. The reason there have been so few updates about her progress is that we both have been extremely busy. The past few weeks I've been in rehearsal and just this weekend opened in a play ("Proof" if anyone is curious) and am already in rehearsal for the next one and start rehearsal for the one after that in about anotherweek and the one after that in two weeksso I haven't been able to see her/talk to her as often as usual.That's whyI just found out whether or not framesaver or mariohad gotten a copy from her yet.

I told her natekeegan had been the most persistent and offered to send me every Damien show he has justfor a copy (which I would certainly share with her).She just gave me officialpermission last night to use the copy I have to get it to nate who says he can fix the levels and put it online because he says he can't wait any longer for us or othersto do it.

He said he's b+ping me as we speak. He'll have it next so you can all start bugging him for it sooninstead. I told him the status of things a few days ago from my end of understanding but for some reason he didn't mentionany of thatin his posts on this thread. Perhaps he wanted to hoard it.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

But to sum up I'm trulysorry if it seemed I was ignoring/hoarding anything. I never was and I didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Thanks J for saying nice things about me. Thanks to the rest who defended me without jumping to falseconclusions even though they don't know me.

Spamlet (Doug)
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote