View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 04:22 AM   #8
coldwaterisrain
Eskimo Baby

ok ok,
like most of you ive been waiting in anticipation for what seems like FOREVER. Day after grouling day of wait for just one tid bit of information on a new cd. Then one day out of the clear blue, 9 was announced, i was as gitty as a school girl. I, unfortunatly, live in america, where i had to wait an extra week for it to come out. So i made my way down to the local Barns and Noble and reserved a copy of my long awaited torture. As days drew nearer i started listening to 'O' to put myself in a Damien Rice kinda mood musically. Then alas, today arose and I recieved my copy of '9'. Now dont get me wrong folks, I LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE damo. Ill support him in every single musical venture he takes. This cd however, kinda left me thinking that the whole thing was totally rushed. The lyrics didnt seem nearly as deep as in 'O', actually most of the lyrics i kinda laughed at, not saying that im a better musican cause im no where near the great talent that damien is, im mearly saying i laughed cause thats what it seemed like he wanted us to do. Come on now, to write a whole song about what goes through your brain during a threesome.....what is that. I mean, musically, it was great, he can play the piano like champ and he plays just as beautifully on piano as he does on guitar. Really thats how i felt about the whole album, musically, it was brilliant, a-typical of damien rice. Lyrically though, i was kinda disappointed. Then again, as many of us have already said, 'O' set such a high standard for Damien that topping it would have been nearly imposible. Then again, maybe thats just the stubborn irish roots in me. I dunno, i give it a 7 outa 10, simply because Rootless Tree had me crying today.

Last edited by coldwaterisrain; 11-15-2006 at 04:26 AM.
coldwaterisrain is offline   Reply With Quote